Hi everyone,
I bought a laptop for my master's degree with an Intel Core i9 Ultra 185H, 48 GB of RAM, and an integrated graphics card (Intel Arc). Dlubal advises against using this GPU in its hardware requirements. I'm wondering whether I can still use the laptop effectively for RFEM during my studies, and at what model size I might start running into problems. Maybe someone has experience with this “issue.”
Best regards,
David
Hello @d.kranzlmueller,
First of all, a warm welcome to our community.
The problem with Intel’s integrated GPUs isn’t their performance. The issue is the quality of the graphics drivers. The components responsible for OpenGL functionality aren’t particularly stable and often cause graphical glitches. The size of the RFEM model doesn’t matter.
I’d say it’s worth giving it a try. If it crashes, you could experiment with different graphics drivers.
If all else fails, you can also enable the Mesa renderer:
RFEM will run stably with it, but the graphics will be noticeably slower.
Best regards,
Frank
Hi Frank,
Thanks for your reply. So that means I can’t really say how well it works without testing it either?
Best,
David