dbesed
October 5, 2026, 5:55am
1
When I use automatically determined imperfections from buckling modes, is there a table showing the imperfection amplitudes that RFEM automatically determines and that I can inspect? I can't seem to find this information.
Kind Regards
Hello dbesed,
As this is a relatively new feature, it is currently only possible to obtain the normalized displacements of the mode shapes.
However, we are already working on a solution that should address your specific requirement.
Best regards,
Matthias
dbesed
October 5, 2026, 2:58pm
4
Okay, thanks. Just one more question, because it is not documented anywhere, or at least I could not find it.
How is the length determined? Is it the length between the zero points of the moment diagram of the buckling shape?
When calculating according to EC3, are the strong and weak axes of the cross-section taken into account?
I attached a picture for better illustration.
I assume the scaling is spatial?